I have so many projects on the go....Any sewer/crafter worth their salt is always multi-crafting really. I don't know about you but I struggle to keep track of what I have started and what I haven't finished, so thats the purpose of this blog. Also, I'm planning on entering some sew-along challenges this year so really I need a blog to document what I've been doing. I hope you enjoy looking and laughing (I don't mind) at my attempts to keep myself entertained.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

IRRC3 Pattern Fail and Recovery Attempt

Well, somehow I managed to totally mess up the pattern for the bodice.  I have now unpicked all the bodice pieces and done them again but to the smaller pattern size.  Sigh.  This meant I had to do some creative patching of the yellow silk as I don't have enough to cut pieces again.  Hopefully they will fit this time! 
 
As you can see, there is a bit of a gap from the too big pattern to this version, but it is on the tabs so I used a bit of waste silk (glad I kept all the offcuts) and patched it.  It will be hidden under the skirt anyway.
 
 
 
 
 
So far I've completed the eyelets on the back piece, so now on to the eyelets for the front pieces and cut some bias out of scraps to bind the edges.  The tabs may get a different colour if I run out, but once again, no one will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment