I have so many projects on the go....Any sewer/crafter worth their salt is always multi-crafting really. I don't know about you but I struggle to keep track of what I have started and what I haven't finished, so thats the purpose of this blog. Also, I'm planning on entering some sew-along challenges this year so really I need a blog to document what I've been doing. I hope you enjoy looking and laughing (I don't mind) at my attempts to keep myself entertained.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sunshine Underdress

Well, I ummmed and ahhhhed for a while before deciding to make my underdress for the IRCC3 out of some bright canary yellow duponi silk that I have had in my stash for over a year.  I bought a whole heap of roll ends off the clearance table for $2/m so I have quite a lot of small amounts of silks.  Better to use them up I guess :)

I dip washed the silk (fill bathtub with cold water, lay silk in, take silk out) and then ironed it to get most of the wrinkles out (haha silk...no wrinkles..funny joke) and used a ironing spray to get the sheen back and to mask the silk smell.  Does anyone else think that silk smells icky?

So cut out, lined with white cotton and then folded and stitched down.  Will then add the lining piece and hand stitch.



On a side note, I'm trying to get through the huge pile of unfinished projects; this is the finished embroidery for my early Russian style hat/coif thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment