I have so many projects on the go....Any sewer/crafter worth their salt is always multi-crafting really. I don't know about you but I struggle to keep track of what I have started and what I haven't finished, so thats the purpose of this blog. Also, I'm planning on entering some sew-along challenges this year so really I need a blog to document what I've been doing. I hope you enjoy looking and laughing (I don't mind) at my attempts to keep myself entertained.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Yes they do exist!!

After scouring the local fishing shops I was beginning to think my friends were having a lend of me: I never saw the brass rings in store!
Well I went online and got some, only because I will need them for the upcoming Italian challenge.  I have been using split rings for reinforcing eyelets, they work okay but don't have the really smooth look I want.  Especially if I'm going to use silk :)
Anyhoo, I ordered 10 packets of the rings, only to get a phone call from the supplier.  Apparently they have had a run on these since January and only had 6 packets in stock, which he sent to me.  The poor guy was a bit bemused as to why all of a sudden people needed bulk brass rings!  I decided not to tell him about the possible frantic sewing going on in preparation for Rowany.  Ahhh, Rowany, I would love to go one day :)

Hopefully these will keep me going for a while: 12 x 6 = 72, which is a lot of eyelets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment