I have so many projects on the go....Any sewer/crafter worth their salt is always multi-crafting really. I don't know about you but I struggle to keep track of what I have started and what I haven't finished, so thats the purpose of this blog. Also, I'm planning on entering some sew-along challenges this year so really I need a blog to document what I've been doing. I hope you enjoy looking and laughing (I don't mind) at my attempts to keep myself entertained.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Let the Challenge Begin!

okay, so the IRCC3 has already started, and I'm having issues already.  Changed my mind from a skirt only petticoat to a kirtle-type petticoat to wear under the big silk frock.  This is mainly so I can bone the underbodice for support, and also I get a 'free dress' out of if rather than just a skirt.

I stuffed about with my tabbed boned bodice pattern and made a calico mock-up, then copied the pattern onto proper patterning fabric rather than brown paper for a change.


The fabric I'm using is from my stash, the green thick stuff is in the middle and the yellow denim-y fabric will go on the outside of this.  Then an outer fabric and a lining fabric.

I decided to try to use as much fabric from my stash as possible: these fabrics have been sitting about waiting to be used, and they really aren't much use as an outer fabric.

 
 
I'm still having outer fabric issues, I really want to buy some new fabric but I have so much already that I am determined to use stash fabric!  Will see how it pans out during the day.  Hoping to get to the hand sewing of the eyelets today....
 
Pieces all cut out, I use pen to mark the lines as it washes out plus it will be covered up. :)  Time to dust off the sewing machine (I use a vintage 1950's one) and get channelling!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment